Sunday, May 2, 2010

web 2.0 ...

I am still not too sure if I really understand the whole concepts of Web 2.0. I understand that it is a more interactive communication based format than the origional Web, but I guess it is something that I am still lost about because outside of the wiki's I am not entirely sure how it is used. I think that it is going to take time for me to really understand how to work with and use these new formats especially in regards to editing and formating my pages so that they look professional and creative and are truly an accurate representation as to who I am as a person and professional. I think that blogs are a great technology to be used in the classroom. I can see them being an excellent way for students who do not usually have a voice in the classroom to be more apt to share through text and a more liturature based format. I think that this provides as opportunity for students to learn from eachothers posts and thoughts and perhaps pick up bits and pieces of information that they might have missed or did not think of on their own. I like the ideas of wikis as well, I am just slightly unsure of the whole editing portion of them, it is slightly scary to think that anyone could go onto your page and post whatever they want. From a classroom stand point I could see a great potential for bullying and misuse of the page, I think that is might be something that would be more appropriate at the college or late high school level. I like the ideas of social software, but like anything, I think that it is just going to take time for me to jsut comforable with how they are used and what I can do with them in order to better benefit myself and those that are in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment