Monday, May 24, 2010

creating my lesson ...

I like that I was able to challenge myself in creating my own personal lesson on something that I never thought I would ever learn about let alone be comfortable with, delicious, a social networking service. I created my account when we had to do the unit on wiki’s and I was so impressed with it! It was awesome to learn that there was something out there that would allow for me to file, locate, and access any important information that I thought that I would need for research or just simply sharing with a friend. I wish that this was something that I had years ago so that I would not always have to save everything to my flash drive and make sure that I had it with me if I wanted to reference the file to which I save all important information.
I am a little disappointed with the fact that I decided to stick to PPT to display the information that I have learned. I tried to think of other avenues that I could peruse such as using a wiki but I could not think of a way that I could successfully display the information, not only in a way that I liked, but in a way that I was comfortable with. That is the unfortunate thing about everything that I have learned, it is still in the working phase and I am glad that I have been exposed to so many new information sharing techniques, it is just going to take practice and time to get comfortable with using the ones that I enjoy. I will say that in my lesson I did using the elements of design that I would have never thought to apply and uploaded pictures into my presentation which was also something that I never have done before. I will say that although I did stick to something that I was comfortable with, that I still tried to incorporate new elements into the PPT that I would have never thought to do before. Overall, I was personally pleased with the outcomes of my presentation and am even more pleased with the discovery of my knowledge of delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment