Monday, May 24, 2010

thoughts on blogging ...

In all honesty, I did not have that much time to keep up with reading my classmates blogs as I was more concerned with creating my own posts keeping up with the homework for this class and three others, and learning as much as I could about blogging so that I was able to become comfortable with the format. I did on occasion have time to read what others posted, and what I did like from being able to do this was that I was able to learn that I was not alone in my stress and discomfort of not really knowing how to use most of the technology and software that I was presented with in this class. At first, I thought that maybe I was alone and that I was the only person that was unknowledgeable in regards to what was out there, and I found that I was not, so I was a lot more comfortable with the information that I was obtaining.
I actually enjoyed the process of writing a blog and I think that I am going to start a new one that I use for personal use to organize my wedding planning, thoughts, and notes that I would like to make and file in one location. I think that I will be able to make comments to myself, and perhaps others, about planning techniques I encounter, tips on creating invitation, sales, dress shops or whatever else I would like to post that helps me along my way. I hope that once I start this blog that I am able to keep it up as I would like to find a way to organize everything that I have so far as this is something in my life that I am struggling with to keep all of my information in one place. As for now, it is hard to say that I will keep up with the information that I have posted in the blog for this class, as I am not in a classroom yet and I do not know how else or for what else I would use it for. Perhaps at that time, accessing that blog would be more relevant.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Brittany. It was much harder trying to keep up with other blogs as planned. In some ways, we did so through the discussion board but not on the actual blog.

    Yours looks great. I love the deep colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    I totally agree with you when it comes to both managing and responding to our peers blog posts. The first week I thought okay are we supposed to respond to their posts as well? I know that after creating a power point on blogging the most effective portion of a blog is the comment section. I hope to maintain and continue with blogging after this course.

    Monique Butler

    ReplyDelete