Saturday, April 10, 2010

ms word ...

I personally am the proud owner of ms word 2003. This is not because I never saw the point of upgrading, I have wanted to. However, this along with a new laptop were going to be my graduation present to myself since I bought the computer that I currently have when I began my undergrad in 2003, and it has been a long run! In saying that, the experience that I do have with 2007 have come from using the computers on campus in Longmeadow and no where else. I currently have to go to the library in town in order to use the new version of the software. I will be honest in saying, I am not comfortable with the new layout at all but I know that that is something that will come with time as I remember feeling the same way about the 2003 version. I do like the fact that there are many additional features that have clearly been developed over the years and I could see this software being highly useful. I like that you can create envelopes on the new version which is something that I migh find useful when making my wedding invitations and the envelopes to send them out in. I know that it is about time that I get comfortable with this new package, but I really did not see the point in doing so until now. I like that I am being exposed to some elements of the software before I own it myself and this should make the whole process that much easier for me. Not to mention, I am sure that once I enter a school system, this will be the version that they have and it would only make sense for me to be aware of how to work and manipulate the software before attempting to help my own students do the same.

I am in the beginning stages of creating both my flyer and my newsletter and at this moment, I have been doing mostly what one might consider, playing around. I am trying to get comfortable with the whole format. I have been using just random words and ideas on a blank document, moving them around, adding pictures, changing fonts and texts, and coloring backgrounds just to see what it all looks like before I begin to apply it to my actual work. I think that through this, when it comes time for me to complete what needs to be done, I will know how to do more editing than I would have been able to before in not knowing where certain features of the software where located. I am hoping that I will be able to be successfully creative and either way, I am enthusiastic to be learning all of the new information that I have been and I can not wait to apply it to elements of my own classroom some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment